Reaching the "Adult Education and Continuing Learning" center, at Thebes Higher Institutes, for excellence and continuity, to keep pace with the development in community service and eradicate illiteracy, to achieve sustainable development, at the local and regional levels.
The Center for Adult Education and Continuous Learning seeks to adapt technological tools and means to eradicate the illiteracy of citizens.
- Developing performance in community service activities, within Thebes Higher Institutes.
- Developing the level of services provided to citizens to eradicate their illiteracy (Dar Al Salam region)
- Raising the efficiency of the level of workers in Taibah higher institutes (workers).
Targeting 5000 citizens annually to teach them to read and write, at a rate of 1250 trainees every three months.
What has been done
- Signing a cooperation protocol between the Taiba Higher Institutes in its two branches “Maadi Branch - Giza Branch” and the General Authority for Adult Education
- Literacy of (36) male and female workers at Thebes Academy, Maadi branch, in order to raise their productive efficiency and develop their life skills.
- Coordination was made with the "General Authority for Adult Education" to conduct an extensive campaign to eradicate illiteracy for the residents of Dar es Salaam area in the name of:
"Dar al-Salaam without illiteracy for a decent life"
* In cooperation with the presidency of the neighborhood of Dar Al Salam.
* In coordination with the head of the Dar Al-Salaam neighborhood to create an executive council that includes:
- Director of Social Solidarity and NGOs in Dar es Salaam neighborhood.
- Educational administration in Dar es Salaam district
- Director of Youth and Sports in Dar es Salaam
In order to cooperate together in all matters that help in the implementation of the advertising campaign.
* Preparing an advertisement to attract students wishing to participate in the "Adult Education" campaign, and publishing it on social media. A number of (45) students and workers were registered to contribute to the "Adult Education" project, with a financial reward being paid to them every three months, from the "Commission". General for Adult Education", and they will be trained through a workshop that will be implemented by the authority.
* Coordination was made between the Tiba Higher Institute for Computer and Administrative Sciences, and the Tiba Higher Institute for Management and Information Technology, Giza Branch, to activate the protocol
Literacy eradication, with the General Authority for Adult Education, and the start of its implementation in the “Abu Nomros” area in Giza.
* Preparing for an expanded media campaign to announce the event.
* Training of teachers participating in the literacy project, through the "Adult Education Authority", by holding a one-week workshop. The campaign begins
Dar es Salaam neighborhood:
- "The Island"
- Ezbet Khairallah is next.
* Organizing a convoy in the Dar Al-Salaam neighborhood, in cooperation with the Adult Education Authority, to urge citizens to participate in the campaign and eradicate their illiteracy.
* Providing incentives to citizens to encourage them to attend the full educational course.
* Preparing immediate gifts for the residents of Dar es Salaam neighborhood, during the presence of the convoy. (Distributing meals, simple study supplies, clothes, etc...)
* Seeking the assistance of the students of the Union, at the Taibah Higher Institute, to participate in the "literacy eradication" campaign.